Fort Mcmurray, Alberta Climate & Temperature
- Fort Mcmurray, Alberta, Canada is at 56°38'N, 111°13'W, 369 m (1211 ft). See map.
- Fort Mcmurray, Alberta has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Fort Mcmurray, Alberta is situated in or near the boreal moist forest biome.
- The average temperature is 0.2 degrees Celsius (32.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 36.4 °C (65.5°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype truly continental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -11.9°C (10.6°F) on average falling to -22.9°C (-9.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 8.4°C (47.2°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -5.2°C (22.6°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 22.2°C (71.9°F) and average low temperatures are 8.7°C (47.7°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 6.3°C (43.4°F) during the day and lows of -4.1°C (24.7°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 464.8 mm (18.3 inches) which is equivalent to 464.8 Litres/m² (11.4 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Fort Mcmurray, Alberta you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Port-Aux-Francais, kerguelen islands, French Southern Lands where you would find a Tundra climate (Boreal rain forest biome).
Fort Mcmurray, Alberta Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Fort Mcmurray, Alberta Climate Graph in Metric Units
Fort Mcmurray, Alberta Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Fort Mcmurray, Alberta, Canada Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Fort Smith, Nt, Canada - 377.2 kms (234.4 miles) N
- Thebacha/ Fort Smith, Northwest-Territories, Canada - 376.9 kms (234.2 miles) N
- High Level, Ab, Canada - 416 kms (258.5 miles) NW
- Fort Vermilion, Alberta, Canada - 346.8 kms (215.5 miles) NW
- Peace River, Ab, Canada - 385.5 kms (239.6 miles) W
- Slave Lake, Ab, Canada - 267.8 kms (166.4 miles) WSW
- Edmonton Namao, Ab, Canada - 361.1 kms (224.4 miles) SSW
- Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - 372.1 kms (231.3 miles) SSW
- Vegreville, Ab, Canada - 354.1 kms (220 miles) S
- Edmonton (Intl), Ab, Canada - 400.1 kms (248.6 miles) SSW
- Jasper, Alberta, Canada - 387 kms (240.5 miles) S
- Uranium City, Sk, Canada - 361.9 kms (224.9 miles) NNE
- Fort Chipewyan, Ab, Canada - 235.5 kms (146.3 miles) N
- La Ronge, Sk, Canada - 406.7 kms (252.7 miles) ESE
- Cold Lake, Ab, Canada - 255.2 kms (158.6 miles) SSE
- Vermilion, Ab, Canada - 367.8 kms (228.5 miles) S